tyee Tackel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

tyee Tackel

Post by Don Champion »

Has anyone ever heard of Tyee Tackel? Who were they and where were they lovated?
Dr. Rob
Super Board Poster

Post by Dr. Rob »

Tyee Tackle is a Canadian mail-order house. They sell salmon lures & terminal tackle, mostly. Tyee is one of the local native names for Chinook, so I would imagine that they're in B.C.

Is that who you meant? Or do you mean a reel by that name? Never heard of such a reel, but can well imagine that Peetz reels were sold by Tyee, perhaps with their name on it.
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Tyee Reel

Post by Reel Geezer »

Dr. Rob, there is a reel by that name. It is a Montague generic, but I don't know who it was made for. However, being a Montague it was probably produced in the first quarter of the 1900s.
Dr. Rob
Super Board Poster

Post by Dr. Rob »

Ah; I stand corrected. Thanks Geez, and I beg your pardon, Champ.
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Tyee Tackle

Post by Don Champion »

Reel Geezer & Dr. Rob: I think both of you gentlemen are correct. I do have a Montague gernic with the name Tyee Tackle on it. Probably made for the company of that name in Canada. They would put anybodies name on a reel, even mine (Champion).
dbummee
Advanced Board Poster

Re: tyee Tackel

Post by dbummee »

Old eyes Gentlemen. Perhaps not as old as Phil's, but old enough. Thanks to everyone for their input.
I appreciate the effort.

Tom DuRose
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

This is a really old post. since then I have learned that the Tyee products are shown in the 1925 Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden catalog - San Francisco, CA. Sorry, I should have updated it I guess.
Alan Baracco
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Alan Baracco »

Don,

Here are the D. C. & H. Trademarks for Tyee tackle, interesting to notice the "first use" date for the various parts of the business.

Alan