DONATE YOUR REELS TO OUR eBAY AUCTION!!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: DONATE YOUR REELS TO OUR eBAY AUCTION!!

Post by wrong99 »

Good work, Scott. Beside Scott, Dave, Wayne and a handful of other members, few are aware of how time-consuming it is to take on this responsibility to benefit the club.
Mark
Last edited by wrong99 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Thanks for the "kudos", Mark! Much appreciated. Im going to re-post again so members can see it on this page just in case they don't go to previous page and miss it.

Hi! The ORCA Ebay account has been churning out some reels the past few weeks and I would say with some decent success! We have also been moving some books, back issues of the Reel News, and memberships. The donated reels from John Elder, Chris McMurray, and the unclaimed reels from the Conventions silent auction are almost gone. Mark Williams is sending over some donations soon.

So, if you have any reels and such taking up some valuable real estate in your home, now would be a great time to donate them to the club!

Send them to:

Scott Truex
C/O ORCA
189 Highland Ave
Middletown, NY 10940

Oh, also, if you get a chance, follow oldreelcollector on eBay! We are up to 36 followers so far. Click on "follow this seller" on any one of our listings. The more followers a seller has, the more interest it creates, and the more likely others will "follow" as well.
Thanks!
Scott
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Just received a box full of donations to be listed on the bay for ORCA from Mark Williams! Nice! Seems Mr Wrong99 should be changed to Right100...lol
Thanks, Mark!
Anyone else looking to donate some extra stuff that's always getting in their way?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Scott, you should be getting another great box of reels from Chris McMurray soon!
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Awesome!
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Wow! BIG box of reels from Chris McMurray! Thanks Chris!
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

I think we can do better than (3) donors for Scott's eBay sales! Yes, THREE total! We all have extra reels laying around. A good time to help out the club. Scott's doing a good job, with what little he has to work with. Let's make him work his butt off!
Mark
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

I'm Going to send Roger $25.00 and not bother Wayne.
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Hey Al...I say send Roger $25 AND bother Wayne all you want!

Mark...thanks for the bump! You were able to shake another out of the tree.

And a HUGE thanks to Brian for donating not one but TWO LARGE boxes of neat stuff! All the way from Hawaii to New York...in just a few days! AWESOME!
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Whoa!!!
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

It all totally confuses me. I have a difficult time understanding plain English though. Elder knows I am a slow learner. The one thing I am totally thankful for is that Wayne is feeling good enough to be involved again, whatever the level. Here is to continued prayers for your health. "Marian The Librarian"
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Jon and I have had some inquiries regarding his statement about my health. This summer I had a bout with throat cancer. It knocked me out for a while. I am now well on the mend and probably have 90% of my energy back. Both my doctors are extremely pleased with my post treatment recovery.

Scott, take it easy on me. Al's got the right idea! :D Seriously, it's nice being back.
Last edited by Wayne B. on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

Wayne! Please forgive me! I wasnt aware and I can understand how my statement can be considered off-colored. Not my intention at all. I was trying to be funny and maybe caught hoof in mouth in the process. Im so glad to hear of your progress and if there is anything I can do to please let me know. In the mean time, I will retract my my above comment and ask that Al (and anyone else for that matter) bother me and leave Wayne alone. And send Roger $25...lol.
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Scott...No problem. No need to retract anything. It's kind of fun being the butt of humor again.We're all friends here!
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

And I hate to hear it when members and friends have health problems. I consider all ORCA members to be my friends and family. even though I have never met many in person and I'm sure some I never will, but you are all part of my family and I am concerned about everyone's welfare. I can sometimes be less than likeable (just ask my wife) but I try to like everyone. As I've said before, you are a great bunch of folks! )
David Lehmann
Advanced Board Poster

Post by David Lehmann »

I appreciate all of the discussion and good ideas. I also want to thank Scott for his donation of time, expertise, and shipping materials--as well as his creative ideas and suggestions. The primary purpose of the eBay auctions, in my opinion, is to raise as much money for ORCA as possible. We are a non-profit, and a large part of our operating budget comes from donations. Many members are not in a position to make cash donations but are willing to donate items that they don't have time to sell on their own. Additionally, as Scott mentioned, through eBay, ORCA has a long history of consistently getting very good return on donated reels.

I understand that ORCA has done well with internal auctions--like the silent auctions at Nationals. With our membership, I'm not sure we can sustain getting good return on these kinds of auctions on a frequent, ongoing basis. EBay, however, allows us to have relatively continuous good cash flow because there is a much larger customer base. I would throw into the mix that we also have limited resources for volunteer labor, and--thanks to Scott--we have the labor for eBay auctions in place.

With that being said, if any member wants to develop and run an alternate auction venue on a trail basis, I'm all for it. Please contact me directly at DavidLehmann0307@gmail.com, and the Board will do what we can to support you. Likewise, if anybody is willing to help either set up and run or run other fund-raising activities for the club, please contact me. We have received lots of great ideas from members, but we are resource-limited with donated time. You folks ARE ORCA, and it's great when you pitch in to support the club and promote offering more services to members.

Thanks,
David Lehmann