SWEDISH REELS ?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Psalty

SWEDISH REELS ?

Post by Psalty »

I am a rookie to the forum . I am also a newcomer to reel collecting having acquired some South Bend & Pflueger reels at the Houston NFLCC show this year. I would like to know if someone out there could lead me somewhere that I may locate information and how maybe to even purchase them. Something besides ABU-GARCIA.
Thanks, and happy to find these group. I plan on joining ORCA SOON.
Ken
R V Perkins

Reels

Post by R V Perkins »

I have some Record Swiss reels if interested please contact me.
Dr. Rob
Super Board Poster

Post by Dr. Rob »

Sure, Psalty.

Try having a look here, at this Swedish reel collector's gallery. In Swedish, but with a million clickable reels, photos and manufacturing data.

http://orcaonline.org/images/pixel.gif?rullfakta.htm

When you are finished there, you really should try to find the book by Daniel Sculpien, which is a work of biblical import. Maybe he hangs out here, I don't know.
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Swedish Reels

Post by piscesman »

Dr. Rob,
I visited the sight you mentioned. I DOES have a ton of reels. I don't understand what is written about the reels but the pictures are fine. My question to you, is there any pricing on the reels as you view the listing? I see numbers written that are not reel models. Could they posibly be the asking price? If so is it in US or EUR dollars. Thank you and have a happy Thanksgiving.
Kim :?: :?: :?
Dr. Rob
Super Board Poster

Post by Dr. Rob »

Glad you dug the site, pisces.

No- none of the reels pictured are for sale. Rullen is just a site for collectors and enthusiasts, whose members all contributed to this photo album. Enjoy; click yourself dizzy. There are some clickable links that take you to individual members sites, and pics of their own stuff too.

Buy and sell? Hmmm...Well, try Tradera.com, essentially a Swedish(?) ebay clone. Lots of Swedish reels, maybe viewable in English. Don't know if anything there is collectable though. There were LOTS of Swedish reels.

Enjoy,
Doc.
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Swedish Reels

Post by piscesman »

Thanks for the information. Will try and check the sites out. Too much information to absorb at once. I don't normally collect Swedish reels but if the PRICE is right... Besides they are excellent reels for both fishing and collecting. :bow: :D
Dr. Rob
Super Board Poster

Post by Dr. Rob »

Who (forgive my foggy memory) at this site is it that is a fanatic of levelwind mechanisms? Did you catch the Rainbow 777? (whole reel pivots on the reel foot, to facilitate even line lay)

Found that at the patent office years ago; never put a face to the patent 'til now. Neat.
John

Re: SWEDISH REELS ?

Post by John »

Psalty wrote:I am a rookie to the forum . I am also a newcomer to reel collecting having acquired some South Bend & Pflueger reels at the Houston NFLCC show this year. I would like to know if someone out there could lead me somewhere that I may locate information and how maybe to even purchase them. Something besides ABU-GARCIA.
Thanks, and happy to find these group. I plan on joining ORCA SOON.
Ken
I Have 2 Swedish Reels For Sale. Email me.