Convention display photos

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Convention display photos

Post by Richard Lodge »

I hope ya'll will pardon me if I post these directly on this page and not the ORCA convention tab.
Sorting through photos tonight that Willis Logan took at the convention and I wanted to post some excellent ones (in color) of some of the items on display last week. If these run in the magazine they would only be in B&W, which is why I'm posting a random assortment of cool things here.
Enjoy!
Richard

Dave Erikson's amazing display of top-quality Montague-made reels:

Matt Wickham's very colorful displays of casting weights. Some amazing things here, folks.

A nice little collection presented by Jim Schottenham of rare items stamped with that mysterious hieroglyphic pattern.

Part of Henry Caldwell's unsurpassed John Kopf reel collection:

And a few more Kopf reels, showing that John made lots of reels but didn't appear to make exactly the same reel twice.

Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Convention display photos

Post by Paul M »

WOW!
Reel Addictive
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reel Addictive »

Thank you Richard for posting this for those of us who couldn't be there. Looks like there were some great displays to be seen.

Dave those Montague reels look awesome.

The hieroglyphic display makes me curious (maybe another post).

Wonderful stuff,

William
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Great Displays! Tell us about next years convention, hated missing this one so I want to plan early for the next one.