Still checking upload

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Still checking upload

Post by bettybarr »

bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Still checking upload

Post by bettybarr »

Checking email notifications.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Back in business! Thanks Betty.
Mark
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

Yes!! Thanks for letting me know. I am still waiting to get an email about mine. I will notify eLink. It was the Dreamhost server that was the problem. eLink finally figured it out and Dreamhost was able to restore it.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

website issues

Post by Paul M »

I was trying to use the Contact the Webmaster on the Member Links page form to send a message to the Webmaster about broken links. The security codes are not being accepted so the form fails. Also I note than on the second attempt the font changed and it became illegible even on my huge screen.

Here is the website content related info I was trying to send:
I spotted 2 dead links on the ORCA page listing Member websites
http://orcaonline.org/services/web-sites/

I guess the websites are no longer in service and should be removed from the list or at least have their link disabled.

http://www.antiquetackleobserver.com/ The Antique Tackle Observer
http://www.oldreels.com/ Old Reels.com

PS
I also noticed that if I compose a post and switch from my default no-frills editor view by clicking on the full editor version (for example if I suddenly want to add pictures), all of the text composed to that point disappears. However, the text can be retrieved by going "back" in the browser. Then copy the text, change to full editor mode, then paste and continue. I can't remember it doing that before the recent upgrades but maybe it always did that. I hate composing for 10 mins and then losing it all on a click :)
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

ATO is still a website - http://www.antiquetackleobserver.com/ - Stefan is running it mostly as a blog these days, but most of the great articles are still there.

The loss of Phil's website, OldReels.com is a tragedy - the specfic information lost there is not available anywhere else on the web.
Image Shotguns and flyreels are jewelry for men
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Hi Ron:
Nice to hear from you. Stefan recently re-joined ORCA and we are thankful for his membership. Thanks for the update about the antiquetackleobserver.com. I agree that one should be put back up and I will follow up. I learned a great deal from that site.

As for Oldreels.com, ORCA recently made arrangements with Phil White to preserve the information. ORCA received a disk of info just last week but it has not yet been examined by our IT consultants or determined as to how it will be incorporated into ORCA's fishing reel research (FRR) platform. We already have much of that information on FRR but the way Oldreels.com was organized was useful! We will be looking into our options. Stay tuned!

Paul Manuel
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Ron Mc wrote:The loss of Phil's website, OldReels.com is a tragedy - the specfic information lost there is not available anywhere else on the web.
I thought a fair share of the info was already over here , with more to come.

Ron, you've been away too long. :)
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Reel Addictive
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reel Addictive »

Yes the Fishing Reel Research site is amazing now thanks to a lot of people. It is fitting that the rest of Phil's website should be absorbed, since I believe FRR was actually his brainchild as well many years ago.
Midway Tommy D wrote:Ron, you've been away too long. :)
I agree. You should visit more often Ron. I miss seeing your amazing fishing adventures.

William
Going to the mountains is going home. John Muir

William Garvin
ORCA Member