Penn 16/0

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Bruce m
Big ORCA Fan

Penn 16/0

Post by Bruce m »

Can someone tell me something one of my friends is a reel collector like me I love old penn senators he called me and said I have a penn senator 16/0 so I said ok I have six he said not like mine I said what's the big deal it has red side plates I said no way penn did not make them so I went to his house and it was there right a way I said someone three d printed it but I looked at it and it has every detail on the clicker sideplate the fish the waves it's perfect I said where did you get it he said p a I said let me take a picture of it he said no way the woman said her late husband don't tell know one about it he worked for penn could it be real someone let me know please thanks Bruce
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Penn 16/0

Post by Nick in NY »

Hi Bruce, Yes it's possible! Had a fellow collector friend who had a white side plate Senator so anything is possible. He got it as well as some incredibly rare items from a fellow Penn collector named Bruce as well who had an in at the Penn factory. Would/could this be the same Bruce? If so I'm VERY INTERESTED in the red Senator. Yes I will step up! Nick in NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
Bruce m
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Bruce m »

Nick its not the same bruce he won't sell it I am a penn senator freak and know him over 35years I offered 1500 and two of my 16/0 for it he said it's going to his grave with me
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Seems like a pretty feeble excuse to not supply a photo or two.
Mark
Bruce m
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Bruce m »

Mark I have a funny feeling the woman he bought it from has more penn reels and he's not telling who it is he's a little nuts like that he was robed once so he does not let to many people se his collection bruce
Bruce m
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Bruce m »

Hey guys I was at a flea market the other day and I see a trolling rod with aftco unibut and aftco big foot guides I'm a nut for old trolling rods so I walk over to see how much and I look down and a senator 16/0 was on it so I freaked you know inside and put my hand on it the guy asked do you like it yes how much he started telling me that people where looking at it because how big it was but know one asked how much . He said I'm to old to use it any more how about 450 needless to say it is mine
Tightlines666
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Tightlines666 »

I would love to see a photo of that red side plate 16/0. A friend has a factory red 9/0, and this is the only non-black larger senator I am aware of.

*I know this is an older thread.

Congratulations on your first 16.

John
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Tightlines666 wrote:I would love to see a photo of that red side plate 16/0.
x2
Sid Lehr
Bruce m
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Bruce m »

Hi John it's my forth 16/0 my friend was robbed once and he won't let me do that I told him I told people on orca about it he was very mad so one day when I can pry it from I'm I will send pictures until then I have to respect his wishes