Hi all....reel question.

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Char_Mender
Big ORCA Fan

Hi all....reel question.

Post by Char_Mender »

I'm a newbie here, but am a fan of the old single click reels. The raised pillar types and round. I guess I kinda collect them, and buy a few here and there that catch my eye.

I grabbed this recently and am kinda stumped. I suspect it is an ocean city stamped frame 80 yard, but I can find no history of them making SF solites. Only pillar style. I even picked up the Skeletons book to maybe glean some info, but nada, not a word.

Any ideas on this one?

Thank You

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Char_Mender on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Re: Hi all

Post by scottorock »

I am by far an expert on fly reels, or any reels for that matter, but does that spool belong with that frame? Something just doesn't look right to me. Obviously the spool fits. I wonder if I am looking at parts from 2 different reels.
Scott Truex
Hudson Valley, New York
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

I think it was manufactured by someone other than Ocean City. In most cases, model names weren't patented and could be used by anybody. Strange that no other example has shown up. Or has it?
Mark
Char_Mender
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Char_Mender »

Hi fellas, thanks for replies. I'm no expert either and not sure on the spool? I figured it was probably ocean city copying the meisellbach featherlight SF, as they are a lot alike. I found one other picture of the reels from an old expired worthpoint ad. That was it.

Oh, and the handle does match the early solite pillar reels from OC. That what sent me in the OC direction...well besides the name too