Garcia Mitchell 314 and Daiwa 403 spinning reels

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Billy Berrill
Big ORCA Fan

Garcia Mitchell 314 and Daiwa 403 spinning reels

Post by Billy Berrill »

:type: Hello. I'm looking to get some info on some pieces that my grandfather gave me. I have two spinning reels and two vintage rods from the 60's as well as some wooden lures. I made a video to showcase the items. If anyone has any fun facts or info about the items please let me know.

Here is my video: https://youtu.be/2e61yAF9F54
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Garcia Mitchell 314 and Daiwa 403 spinning reels

Post by Midway Tommy D »

The Daiwa 403 is from around 1980. Not much resale value, maybe $10-$15.

The Garcia Mitchell 314 would be from 1960ish-1972 with an average resale value in the $25-$35 range. It and the 304 were popular lower priced Mitchell reels. The serial # and anti reverse lever width are indicators of early or possibly later production.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Garcia Mitchell 314 and Daiwa 403 spinning reels

Post by Paul M »

The Lucky Strike Submarine (valve on the belly) is collectible right now. A few Ontario collectors are looking for them. Value depends on colour and condition but I think they are available locally for $10-$15 each. The River-Runt like baits may be by AL&W, in which case the right colour brings a few more dollars. The spoons bring $5-$10 each. The blade with the red painted back may be an older piece and there may be a name on the blade worth looking at. Coincidentally I met the grand daughter of Bill Edgar on Sunday. Bill is the founder of Lucky Strike and often comes to the local collector shows.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006