Bronson Automatic reels

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Crosery
Frequent Board Poster

Bronson Automatic reels

Post by Crosery »

Hi everybody,
I, quite a long time ago, asked about the possible patent of the Royalmatic reels made by Bronson. Someone answered that he wondered if these reel had been US made.
Quite unexpectedly I recently acquired from the bay a boxed True Temper Aristomatic that was clearly , if not Royal, at least an Aristocratic copy made by Bronson.The only clear difference is the back plate screw , which is larger on the True Temper version.The documents are the same, with a change in the name of the reel.
So, I took the three Royalmatic I own out of their boxes... (green, burgundy and gold).
Much to my surprise, I saw that two of them had their reel foot clearly stamped "made in the U.S.A." !
This settles the matter, even if one of them isn't stamped.
However, I'm still looking for a patent of this reel and its light cousin, the Royalite
Hope this will be of some interest for Automatics collectors...
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: Bronson Automatic reels

Post by wrong99 »

ORCA's Bronson website has a link to about 100 patents that were assigned to the Bronson Reel Co. However, none involve an automatic reel. They might not have held any patents for their versions.
Mark