Penn Reverse Parts List

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Penn Reverse Parts List

Post by Wayne B. »

Anyone know of a Penn parts list where you can enter the part number and see what reels that part was used on? I need a 30-180S stand for reel/box combo I have. I know that stand was used on many reels, including the 49 Mariner. It would be great when looking for "donor reels" to get parts.
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: Penn Reverse Parts List

Post by wrong99 »

If I'm reading the parts list correctly, the #30-180S fits the reel No.27, 78, 180, 185 and 190.
Mark
Tightlines666
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Tightlines666 »

Wayne B. wrote:Anyone know of a Penn parts list where you can enter the part number and see what reels that part was used on? I need a 30-180S stand for reel/box combo I have. I know that stand was used on many reels, including the 49 Mariner. It would be great when looking for "donor reels" to get parts.
Go to PennParts.com Scott's Bait & Tackle. Find the order parts list fir a reel model that has your part #. They have a drop down list that contains all of the models that take that part number.

John
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Thanks!
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Wow that's great! Currently working on a collection of Penn parts probably in the hundreds if not thousands! Just to much to take in. About everything new old stock. Now my question....how much of a market for them? Seems everyone is simply replacing reels rather than repairing these days. Tight lines Nick a
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
Tightlines666
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Tightlines666 »

It depends on the part. Demand can be high, for instance, some of the discontinued parts on reels that are still desirable to fish. Parts interchangeablity is high between models, and availability is pretty good for most parts. The long service life of Penn reels is partially what has made them desirable to many fishermen. There are a bunch of old school Penn guys over on the AlanTani forum.