More reel pics from Vincenzo Agozzino in Italy, via Facebook Messenger

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Re: More reel pics from Vincenzo Agozzino in Italy, via Facebook Messenger

Post by reeltackle »

GREAT REELS - Thanks for sharing Vincenzo and Paul! I particularly like the one with the wooden spool, the last one in the series, do you know who made it? I love how some of these inventive folks got so creative with their designs and features. One of the things I like the best about old spinners is the free-form style they could take on. I think some of these, "Strange and Beautiful" reels as Vincenzo put it, are some of the most interesting and undervalued reels around.

I fish with spinning reels and have always been fascinated by them .... so what does a collector do when he is fascinated by something? Yup, you guessed it. Vincenzo and Paul, I hope you don't mind me sharing a few oddballs I have acquired over the years, if you know who made any of them or can shed some light on them I would sure appreciate it. I will put them in a separate post marked "Oddball Spinners" so as not to hijack this post.

Thank you again for sharing and for any help you can give me with my oddball reels.

Ed
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Reply from Vincenzo:

“Sono onorato del tuo giudizio Ed grande esperto !”

I believe this translates to: “I am honored by your judgment and great expertise!”
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Paul - Thanks for passing along Vincenzo's message.

Vincenzo - Grazie, sei molto gentile! Continua a condividere le tue bobine di pesca con noi.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.