Many thanks to Lang's and Jim Schottenham

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
SilasTerry
Frequent Board Poster

Many thanks to Lang's and Jim Schottenham

Post by SilasTerry »

I bought seven reels and a duck decoy from Lang’s Spring auction and the box arrived yesterday. I unpacked everything and discovered that one of the reels was missing, so I sent them an email. Jim Schottenham called me personally, and I explained to him how I searched through the packaging and simply did not come up with the reel. He apologized and promised to make things right and we decided to wait a couple of weeks to see if maybe the reel turned up in someone else’s shipment. I buy a lot of things online at auction and it is not unusual for an item to go missing in the shipping process occasionally, but when Jim explained the careful process Lang’s uses to insure that nothing gets lost, including the use of two different people to confirm and verify each shipment and the fact that Jim personally oversees and participates in the reel-packing process, I decided to take a more careful look at the box, bubble wrap, and big pile of foam “peanuts”. It didn’t make sense that an item could have gone missing during the careful shipping process that Jim described, which is a lot more precise than any other auction house, most of whom use third party shippers. Sure enough, the “missing reel”, carefully wrapped in taped bubblewrap like everything else, was mixed in with the foam peanuts. I thought that I had looked carefully enough during the initial unpacking, but somehow the small and light reel escaped my attention. This is my public apology to Jim and Lang’s for thinking that they could have made a mistake when it was my fault all along. I have been doing business with Lang’s for about twenty years, first with Bob Lang and now with the Ganungs and Jim, and I can say that their whole operation continues to be very professional and top-notch, best in the business. Thanks again Mr. Schottenham!

Dan Iarrapino
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Many thanks to Lang's and Jim Schottenham

Post by john elder »

plus one on Langs and Jim and glad you found your lost baby, Silas! With all the lots and people to deal with during these auctions, I figure Jim must have Advil in an IV drip this month!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures