William Slote Reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
BILL HOERTER
Frequent Board Poster

William Slote Reel

Post by BILL HOERTER »

One of my Wm Slote Reels has ACME MFG. Co. N.Y. stamped on it. Does anyone have any information on this company? Thanks - Bill Hoerter
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: William Slote Reel

Post by wrong99 »

I was going to suggest you see "Warner Bros. - Looney Tunes - Wil E Coyote", but of course I won't.
Mark
Tom R
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Tom R »

wrong99 wrote:I was going to suggest you see "Warner Bros. - Looney Tunes - Wil E Coyote", but of course I won't.
Mark
That's funny!!
[img][/img][img][/img]

Bill, I'm sorry I can't add something positive to your original question. I'm sure you will get the answer you are looking for from a knowledgeable board member.
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Hey Bill,

What time frame do you think Slote made reels?
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Photos would sure help.
Mark
BILL HOERTER
Frequent Board Poster

Post by BILL HOERTER »

William Slote made Reels & Rods in Brooklyn N.Y. Circa 1882 - 1935. He made reels for the Shipleys & I found where the Shipleys sold ACME Reel Oil but I don't know if it was the ACME MFG. Co. N.Y.
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

From what I've seen and owned his reels were very high quality with most frames nickel plated. Many moons ago I did own an odd unmarked surf reel that I can now attribute to Sloth. Odd thing is all reels were made with end plates screwed into 1 piece rolled and threaded frame. 2 examples did have a sliding free spool knob similar to Holzman. As time allows I will make an honest effort to get some photos out of the archives. Everything is on disks and has been stored for many years. I do know 2 collectors who purchased them. They maybe able to provide photos quicker! Steve purchased a fresh water version from me, maybe a 100 yard version 14 years ago & Rufus the 400 yard version about 17 years ago. .......
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Post by reelsmith. »

Did someone say "Acme" reel ???

Hey Bill, note the hole in the foot !

Dean.
Wanted: Kosmic Items, Small Leather Fly Reel Cases, Early Fishing Related Bottles, Fly Reels and Pre-1900 Angling/Casting Medals.

http://www.tackletreasures.com/
BILL HOERTER
Frequent Board Poster

Post by BILL HOERTER »

Great Dean - you have another Wm Slote Reel. I sure would like to make it a part of my Slote display that I will be taking to the NFLCC Nationals & the ORCA Nationals.
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Post by reelsmith. »

Hey Bill.

It's not my reel. It belongs to a friend.

This one was mine, but I sold it a few years back ...

Very nice reels ...and tiny !

Dean.
Wanted: Kosmic Items, Small Leather Fly Reel Cases, Early Fishing Related Bottles, Fly Reels and Pre-1900 Angling/Casting Medals.

http://www.tackletreasures.com/