KOVALOVSKY Guides and Tip Tops

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Dan Z
Advanced Board Poster

KOVALOVSKY Guides and Tip Tops

Post by Dan Z »

So I collect Kovalovsky Rods and Reels, and amongst some of my collector friends - we have been discussing which are Authentic- Guides (The Spiral are the most common) and the Tip Tops - some are Tunnel, others Roller, and more unique ones or from other period brands. I'd love to see MORE Kov Guides and Tip Tops, as well as Reel Seat styles if you have any pictures to post (Always buying and trading too, please PM me) but for informational reasons would love opinions on which are "legit" Kovalovsky. I have both the books, but some close up shots appreciated too. Thanks Orca... Daniel Zirilli
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Re: KOVALOVSKY Guides and Tip Tops

Post by reeltackle »

Here you go Daniel,

I know you've seen at least one of them before (because you traded me one of the butts) but I put it in anyway in case others have not seen them. I hope some are new to you and help shed some light on your question.

Kovalovsky butt with flat reel seat and locking mechanism. This is the one I got from you Daniel:

Here is one with a fancy locking reel seat and the foot that fits it:

Here is a rod with Kovlaovsky built roller guides and roller tip:

Here are two close up photos of a couple of Kovalovsky tip tops:

Here is a very stylistic roller guide on one of Kovalovsky's larger rods. Also a photo (not so great) of the rod with the full set of roller guides and a vulcanized rubber fore-grip.

Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Ed
Why don't you pack up that last rod you pictured and send it to me!!! I will get you a check in the mail !! LOL !!! Beautiful ! Thanks for posting rod pics. John Taylor
P.S. you might have to wait a year or two for check to cash !
Dan Z
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dan Z »

Thanks Ed! There are actually guides there I have NEVER seen, you are the Vintage Tackle King. If anyone else has variations would love to see. Thanks all, Daniel Z