Need Help IDing Record Reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
wingshock
Big ORCA Fan

Need Help IDing Record Reel

Post by wingshock »

Hello all. I came across this old reel but I can't find one exactly like it online. Can anyone help me with the age/model? The words on the side say +pat.angem.+ Thanks in advance for any assistance. -- Cindy

Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Need Help IDing Record Reel

Post by Midway Tommy D »

It is a combo reel (made from different versions parts) . The 'RECORD" sideplate is from a 1946 or 7 1st version, more than likely repainted to match the body color. The rotor cup, bail & bail flip lever and body color are from a 4th version, 1949 or 50. If the reel was an original 1st version it would not have a flip lever and the body and cup would both be pale green. The 2nd & 3rd versions also had pale green bodies and cups. If it was an original 4th version the sideplate would have "Record" and C.S.H. Zurich in raised letters behind the screw and 240947, Pat Pending USA, Gt Brit, France, Sweden in front of the screw.

4th version, although it should have a Bakelite spool:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
wingshock
Big ORCA Fan

Re: Need Help IDing Record Reel

Post by wingshock »

Thanks. I'm guessing since it is pieced together it's probably not worth much as a collector's item? -- Cindy