Company Logos

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Company Logos

Post by OCauto »

Paul, is there any place in research for Company Logos?
Al Stover
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Company Logos

Post by Paul M »

Al: I have added a page for logos on the FRR page. The Maker name style is Title. Any text would use the text style. Add one or multiple images into the "gallery" box beneath. Repeat this format for each additional maker.

I have seen other Montague logos so not sure if this art in your example is actually a logo or random art or one of many logos. Anyway we can always edit when people comment. We can also move the menu order but at the moment it is on the right end.

Paul M
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

Thank you Paul

In May of 1899 an agreement was reached between the Montague City Rod Company and Frederick Malleson whereby Montague purchased the Brooklyn, NY factory of Malleson/Conroy/The U.S. Net & Twine Company. Montague Reels were mostly Produced at 161 Grand Avenue, Brooklyn NY according to history and evidenced by their Company Logo

In 1927 the company name was changed to Montague Rod and Reel Company. At this time some of the reel making machinery was moved from Brooklyn to the Montague City, Massachusetts factory. This historic fishing tackle company came to an end in 1934 when Montague was purchased by the Ocean City Manufacturing Company, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Montague City factory continued to produce fishing rods, but all reels were produced in Philadelphia.
It would appear that Montague Reels were made in New York for most of 28 Years This logo is the only one found that shows the Rod business in Brooklyn, N.Y. and not in Montague City which was the case until Ocean City purchased Montague.
Al Stover
Dan Z
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dan Z »

i have some Montague logos and a 1930's montague catalog i can email you if that helps.
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

Dan,not sure how I missed this post from you. Any info you have would be welcome and very useful. E-Mail any thing that you think will be helpful.

Al
Al Stover