What is that thing called?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

What is that thing called?

Post by sdlehr »

The round 'collar' that sits between the pinion gear and the spool, with 4 holes (two of which engage the spool via two SS posts pressed into the spool arbor), and rotates in the pinion yoke. Is it a "pinion collar"? That's what I would name it.... :) They're on my EVH 621's and my Pflueger 1419 3/4's to name a few. TIA.
Sid Lehr
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Re: What is that thing called?

Post by m3040c »

The round 'collar' that sits between the pinion gear and the spool, with 4 holes (two of which engage the spool via two SS posts pressed into the spool arbor), and rotates in the pinion yoke. Is it a "pinion collar"? That's what I would name it.... :) They're on my EVH 621's and my Pflueger 1419 3/4's to name a few. TIA.
Ocean City calls it a "Pinion Gear Clutch" in their illustrated parts lists and since OC and EVH were partners, I would guess that EVH also called it a Pinion Gear Clutch.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Thanks, Mike. Pinion gear clutch works. It's actually more functionally descriptive than "pinion collar".
Sid Lehr
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Works for me too!
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food