Italian spinning reels and collectors of old tackle in Italy

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Italian spinning reels and collectors of old tackle in Italy

Post by Paul M »

I have been corresponding with ORCA member Sergio di Marco in Italy. Sergio is the Secretary of the National Antique Fishing Tackle Association (of Italy)
-- Collezionisti Antiche Attrezzature da Pesca (ANTIPES)---

He sent me this great picture of himself in front of his spinning reel display. Wow! In his hand he is holding what he describes as a very rare "Bermuda 100" reel, produced in Turin in Italy but designed for the US market. Sergio says this is the only known specimen.

Sergio pointed out a very informative menu on the ANTIPES website that lists Italian spinning reel makers along with corresponding reel data. It looks much like our own Fishing Reel Research effort so I decided to add a link to that page on our FRR Reel Makers site. Why reinvent the wheel? I am collaborating with Sergio to verify their list of known Italian reel makers in order to post that as a separate editable list of names on our FRR site. Then all ORCA members can add information and pictures from their own collection, hopefully expanding the global knowledge of Italian made fishing reels.

The reaction has been very positive and ANTIPES has just published a promotional page for ORCA membership, encouraging Italian collectors to join ORCA. If you use Google Chrome or some other browser with translation capability you may be able to read this more easily unless you already know Italian-
http://www.antipes.it/pag_ORCA_collaborazione.html
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Italian spinning reels and collectors of old tackle in Italy

Post by Midway Tommy D »

ANTIPES is a great site with loads of information on Italian made reels, and they are a knowledgeable and helpful group. I use their web site all the time, and have been for a few years, when researching Italian made reels. Ben hooked me up with Sergio a few years back and we have traded information a few times. He's a very nice individual and his collection is jaw dropping. :shock:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Tom - Thanks for keeping the collaboration going with Sergio and ANTIPES. Also, thanks for alerting me to the multiple posts. I deleted the other 2.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

we need a *like* button