A nice show at Buckeye Lake in Ohio

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

My son and I just reserved 3 tables at the Buckeye Lake antique tackle show August 19. It's just off I-70 near Columbus. New show that needs our support to become a regular event. It notes that there will be in-room trading Friday night.

Here is a brochure link:

https://nflcc.org/pdf/Buckeye%20Show%20form.pdf

Last edited by Mike N on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

This was a nice show for an inaugural event with about 30 tables. The hosts from the local Buckeye Lake association were super. For the first time in a while my son and I sold more reels than we bought, as a lot of new collectors were interested in baitcasters in the $10-$25 dollar range and goodness knows that after 35 years of collecting I have plenty of those.

I sold a nice Ted Williams/Sears baitcaster for $35 and an old Winchester ammo box for $60. I bought a nice red/green wooden bobber for $4 for my personal collection, but when I was offered $20 a few minutes later, I have to admit I flipped it. Wooden bobbers and tiny Hendryx reels continue to see a lot of interest. I sold a nice old steel bait bucket, but when the lady told me after the sale that she was going to use it as a planter, I have to admit to some seller's remorse.

Even though he has finished graduate school and started a real world job last week, Eddie seems to be buying more lures than reels, which tells me I have a lot more educating to do. :)

ORCA member Doug Carpenter of Frankfort, KY and I visited with one another and Doug ran the auction at the end of the day. All in all, a really enjoyable Saturday.

ORCA member Doug Carpenter conducting the auction.

My son Eddie and me. I'm the good looking one on the right.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990