Interesting Estate Auction Find

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Tom R
Frequent Board Poster

Interesting Estate Auction Find

Post by Tom R »

Today I purchased two box lots of Letters, Receipts, Catalogs, Advertising Scrapbook, Photos and 3-ring binder of tackle quotes belonging to Mr. S. Dale Kauffman of the Pequea Tackle Mfg Co(& Yale Mfg Co) of Strasburg PA at an estate auction in Lancaster PA. Included are quotes to Sears, Montgomery Ward, Enterprise, Ed Tryon Co and many others through out the US. Here are a couple of quick photos of some of the items. I will post more photos as I go through the items. Sorry about the poor quality of the photos, I'll repost better photos.

[img]%20%20%20%20%20%20%20[/img]
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: Interesting Estate Auction Find

Post by RonG »

Hey Tom,

That's a nice haul. The Pequea catalog has good pictures of the Yale reels.
Reelguys
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Reelguys »

Hey Tom - Would like to talk with you re your Interesting Estate Auction Find please give us (email or PM to get contact info....Ed).. Regards, Jim Garrett & Skip Brooks
Tom R
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Tom R »

RonG wrote:Hey Tom,

That's a nice haul. The Pequea catalog has good pictures of the Yale reels.
It sure is, lots of good stuff. Another item I found in the box was a Navy bid contract requesting quotes for all types of fishing tackle, rods, reels, etc. Very interesting document, in the specification section it lists specific reel models from PENN, H-I & Shakespeare. Same thing for rods, etc. Also lists the Navy bases where the winning bidder is to ship the items. I wonder if any Ex-Navy ORCA members remember being issued a Government fishing outfit!!!
Reelguys wrote:Hey Tom - Would like to talk with you re your Interesting Estate Auction Find please give us (email or PM to get contact info....Ed).. Regards, Jim Garrett & Skip Brooks

Jim & Skip, I sent you a PM. Tom
oc1
Advanced Board Poster

Post by oc1 »

I think a lot of the military bases have/had equipment rental.
-steve