Shakespeare No.1964-A "Marhoff: Gold Plated, Model 32

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Shakespeare No.1964-A "Marhoff: Gold Plated, Model 32

Post by wrong99 »

Having seen some recent discussions on the Shakespeare No.1964 "Marhoff", I thought some might be interested in seeing the 24K gold plated version (No.1964-A) that was only available in catalogs for a few years. Has the green marbled face plate with matching handle grips. This is the Model 32, supposedly made in May of 1931 (according to the Shakespeare Reel List). Photo courtesy of Daryl Rodenberger. Click on photo to enlarge.
Mark
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare No.1964-A "Marhoff: Gold Plated, Model 32

Post by john elder »

Beautiful! I bet Robert was beside himself when he got that one in his stable! I still miss his enthusiasm.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Len Sawisch
Site Admin

Post by Len Sawisch »

Cool example of a tough reel to find, and in decent shape. Both the plating and the plastic head plate cover are very hard to find in decent shape. Good for you!
Len Sawisch
darylrose61
Frequent Board Poster

Post by darylrose61 »

This one did not come out of Roberts collection, i picked this one up at a show. Mark Williams was with me.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

At the Santa Rosa Show. I believe I might have even picked it up and moved it out of the way to better see another reel in the case. Obviously, it didn't register with what little is left of my brain. Daryl was on it like a hawk, though. Knew exactly what it was. If I told you what he paid, many of you would just sob. I miss Robert, too. He loved the Santa Rosa show, always spending every cent he had (and then some) and he and Daryl made it fun.
Mark
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Ah, Daryl....glad to hear! I was hoping some of Robert's lust for reels had rubbed off on you! Nice score! ....doubly nice since you picked it up under Mark's nose! :D
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures