Zebco Reel Repair

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
oldsaltnfla
Advanced Board Poster

Zebco Reel Repair

Post by oldsaltnfla »

Does anyone know of anyone who can repair a Zebco model 99 spinning reel? I just can't get the thing to work and I can't figure out what's wrong. The repair will probably cost more than what the thing is worth, but I just hate to be defeated by something mechanical that looks pretty simple.
Joe
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Zebco Reel Repair

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Maybe Dick, that Zebco guy, will stop by. He's the Zebco spincast expert. There shouldn't be that much difference in the workings of those Zebcos other than minor design differences. He could probably give you some insight on that 44 Underspin, too.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
creekman
Big ORCA Fan

Post by creekman »

oldsalt, if Dick, that Zebco guy doesn't, or can't respond, you might try Mat's (Wisconsin) or Nutter(Georgia) Reel Repair. I have gotten Zebco parts from both of them at reasonable prices, and they both do reel repair. Also, Bass Pro Shops has a large reel repair shop, which they advertise in their catalog, with large old reel parts inventories, etc.. You can get the phone numbers for Mat's and Nutter on line. They will answer your calls and give you quick response. I hope that helps somewhat.
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

my experience with Zebco, they were manufactured to be used and replaced. Great customer service, but if you sent in your reel to them for a repair, they would send you back a new reel. So many of the parts are made to be installed only once.
RandyAnderson
Frequent Board Poster

Post by RandyAnderson »

I have sent a couple of reels to Dick Janak for repair and he has done a great job. Just purchased a reel handle for my old spin caster and his prices and service is very good. He is an ORCA member that I would recommend giving a try.
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

Second that on Dick. He has been a big help numerous times. Great guy to have involved in ORCA and hear on the website. Colby
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Post by arley »

Mr. Janak is my go-to guy.
you can tune a piano,but you can't tuna fish.
oldsaltnfla
Advanced Board Poster

Post by oldsaltnfla »

Thanks guys. This info really helps.
Joe