European Vintage Tackle Fair, The Netherlands, Oct 28, 2017

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

European Vintage Tackle Fair, The Netherlands, Oct 28, 2017

Post by Paul M »

I was in touch with the European Fishing Tackle Collectors Association (VHV - Vereniging Hengelsport Verzamelaars) who have an ORCA link on the home page of their website.

They have an interesting event taking place in the fall so if you don't spend all your money at the ORCA National Convention, consider visiting these folks in the Netherlands on October 28, 2017. You will probably see a few reel treasures there as well as some fellow ORCA members.

Perhaps one of our European members can organize an ORCA meet & greet in conjunction with the show.

Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Stef Duma
Advanced Board Poster

Re: European Vintage Tackle Fair, The Netherlands, Oct 28, 2017

Post by Stef Duma »

I will be there sailing Thursday night and arriving in Holland on the Friday and returning on the Sunday.

I have over the years added some significant items of tackle at this show to my collection including two Dreadnought Casting Reel Co. reels a silent wind production Meteor and a special Tournament Meteor, not cheap but the owner and myself knew the history.

A few years ago I bought a Heddon Bait in the Lone Pine Box, sold to Joe Stagnetti for lots of money an unbelievable offer, a Lou Reed mechanical wooden box again sold for lots of money, some very rare Creek Chub and Heddon baits. I did not know the value I just knew they looked cool and were cheap.

Last year a very rare uncatalogued Hardy first model Silex appeared $500. a friend bought it. I have also seen a special tournament Biliken reel, lots of Kentucky reels and some real odd ball reels.

In the past Ben Wright and Stu Lawson have both attended, some years its great others its a bit lean but the company is always great and the food, restaurants usually outstanding. Two Michelin starred venues lined up this year.

Any ORCA member attending please say Hi I will be next to Roger Still in the British section.

Stef
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Great news, Steph! Sounds even better than I imagined! Any stories or pictures would be welcome.

Thanks,
Paul Manuel
Jacob : salmonfisher03
Super Board Poster

Post by Jacob : salmonfisher03 »

I normally goes to the fair in Holland, and it is very interesting.
But sadly I don't have the time to go this year.

Best
Jacob
Collecting fly reels from Otto Zwarg, Edward Vom Hofe and Bogdan.

Member of DGK (committee member) and ORCA