Who's going to Branson and when?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Who's going to Branson and when?

Post by Richard Lodge »

How about a roll call? Who is going to the National this week and when are you arriving?
I'll be there Wednesday afternoon and bringing a very cool multiplying skeleton reel to Wine & Reels.
How about you?
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Who's going to Branson and when?

Post by Paul M »

I'm also arriving by plane on Wednesday afternoon. I packed a Branson Kawartha reel combo for wine and reels. I look forward to seeing you and everyone.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

I'll be arriving by plane on Thursday evening.
I would like any unusual pflueger casting reels!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

E there Wednesday afternoon. Hoping to make it before all the wine and funky reels are gone!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
RandyAnderson
Frequent Board Poster

Post by RandyAnderson »

Arriving Wednesday afternoon, hoping to beat John to the wine table.
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

I arrive at Springfield airport just before noon. Does anyone know if there's a shuttle from the airport into Branson?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I get around 3:50; if anyone comes in around then, you are welcome to a ride...will have car.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Richard:
My flight from ORD arrives SGF a few hours later at 14:22 on Wednesday. If for any reason you still need a ride, I have a rental car and you are welcome to come with me. (I'm returning to SGF on Saturday around mid morning).

Paul M
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Sonnett »

Warren Platt (my longtime fishing apprentice) and I will be leaving Kansas City Wednesday morning for Branson. We will be jointly presenting an important reel (its history, its travels, and its rediscovery) at "Wine and Reels". At this point in the evening, we expect jealousy to rear its ugly head and the evening to turn into "Whining and Reels" We look forward to seeing everyone.
Bill &Warren
I love to get old reels, work on them until they run as smooth as silk and the take them fishing using pre-1960 plugs, mostly surface fishing for Largemouths after dark.
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Will be there Thursday evening for the wine and show. Will probably bring a unique big game reel that was shown on Orca last
week. Maybe a couple of Deally Tarpon reels for show. Looking forward to the show!!!
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Will be coming in Tuesday evening with any luck. Bringing bourbon to offset the Kansas City wine mafia. Kansas reels look a lot better with Bourbon.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

Don and I are already here and checked into our room! The weather looks to be PERFECT for the meeting. Our room is lovely and overlooks the lake. Keurig coffee maker in the room. No refrigerator.
The Marina is ready for us. We have a bass boat and 3 party - whoops - I mean fishing pontoons reserved for us.
Roger gets here tomorrow at noon. Don and I are going to the Fish Hatchery tomorrow morning and the Dewey Short Visitor Center at the Dam to see our tour guides for Thursday afternoon. In the afternoon I am going to the Branson Bass Pro Shop to meet Manager Dave Baker to pick up the new rod and reel they are donating for our auction. I am inviting Dave to join us for the Casting Competiton and the banquet.
ORCA member Karl White will be with us for the entire meeting. His Museum of Fishing History is ready for us on Thursday afternoon and evening. Karl is supplying our wine and appetizers.
Wednesday night Wine and Reels is on the patio and will be a fitting kick off for the meeting. The catering staff will have fancy appetizers to feed us and the wine will be flowing.
Don and I are bringing a Wowser to show Wednesday night. We figure Bill and Warren need some competition.
See you soon. This will be big fun.