Club update??

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Club update??

Post by OCauto »

Would like some status on the progress being made on changes and improvements. I hope I am the only one being kept in the dark.
Al Stover
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Club update??

Post by bettybarr »

Dave Lehmann will be giving an update and the strategic plan on Friday morning at the Breakfast with the Board. Everyone at our meeting should attend. Afterward a full report will be published in The Reel News.
The meeting is a chance to meet our friends and make new ones. We have a number of first timers here. Hearing what is planned for the Club should generate a lot of excitement and give us a boost. We will be sure to fill everyone in. Stay tuned.
Betty, 2017 Meeting Host
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

And those of us that can't attend will still be in the dark. Is it possible that those of that have to wait for the expensive Reel News may not be so willing to support anymore? I am not sure I like where this going. Just saying..........
Al Stover
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Al:
You have been a dedicated volunteer for ORCA and I am having a hard time believing what I am reading on a public forum ... or anywhere for that matter. Let's have a private discussion tomorrow before I go to be Convention. I suspect that whatever is bugging you will not even be discussed at the Board meeting.

Paul M
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
butch carey key west
Advanced Board Poster

Post by butch carey key west »

sure wish I were heading that way instead of preparing for a major hurricane!
Butch Carey
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

So do we! Don and I have talked over and over about you and Patti and all of our Florida members and families we have down there. I just hope you can be spared. God Speed.
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

My daughter and Grand kids are in south east Ga. right on the coast, it seems like they are always threatened but rarely badly affected.
Al Stover
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Butch, you need to evacuate... 916mb at last measure, that's a south Atlantic record. I'm in Palm Beach County and getting nervous, glad I didn't make plans to be in Branson, there's too much preparation to do... got the generator working today, tomorrow the shutters go up. Had I made plans to be in Branson I might have cancelled them....
Sid Lehr
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

Hey Al. Can you explain what you mean by "expensive Reel News"? Is it the membership cost that is bothering you or what? Like Betty said, I will report everything I can in the November issue and I'm sure one or more of us will post updates on Reel Talk. But the magazine is a main organ for getting information, articles, news and views out to all members of the club. If you have suggestions for how to improve things, have you passed those along or posted them on Reel Talk?
Thanks,
Richard Lodge
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

...and all should remember...Reel Talk is not ORCA! It is a free service supported and paid for by ORCA to serve everyone! Our main goal as a non-profit organization is to educate the public about the history of antique reels and their makers. There is no publication that does a better job at doing so than the Reel News.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

I have spoken with Betty and Matt about my post. My remark about the reel news... The Reel News is the Club's biggest expense. E-mail updates to all the current editors that have been told not to do anything until told it is okay would saved the Reel News space for it's intended purposes. I don't intend to quit or discontinue any services that I can provide. I may take a course in tactful communications though. Those that have contacted me, thanks for your dedication to the Club. My apologies to all, I should have chosen a better vehicle of communicating.
Al Stover