Day 3 Of The Nationals And No Pictures Yet

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Day 3 Of The Nationals And No Pictures Yet

Post by Brian F. »

Woohoo! Looks like it was another great convention and lots of fun to go around! Congratulations to JE on the elevated status!
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Thanks to all re comments about the award! I didn't post to get the pats...just wanted to thank the club!

Dan, I must add that the attribution of that Coxe cradle to ZG came from a guy that was at the museum who is apparently Karl White's Right Hand Man. It would probably be good to get hold of Karl and see what kind of legitimate provenance might exist for that connection! It's hard to see but the rig had a full body harness associated with it...quite a piece of history regardless of ZG connection!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Re: More convention pics

Post by Richard Lodge »

So Friday night, Tom Eidson paid tribute to Betty and Don, who did a great job hosting the ORCA show in Branson. Tom talked about how much work it was to host a show (he was a co-host in Texas in 2005, the first ORCA show I had the privilege to attend) and, comic and magician that he is, Tom pulled out to "New old store stock" plastic travel mugs from the Texas show in 2005. Mint condition! Lots of laughs all around.

And here's Robin showing great form fly casting. Maybe a bit too much English and not enough finesse, but it looked good for the camera. That's Randy Anderson, left, and John Elder in the background.

Dan Z
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Dan Z »

Thanks John, and congrats on the award. You deserve it. I will follow up on the ZG connection. Love the reel. d
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

Here's a few more photos from the 2017 ORCA National in Branson, MO

Willis Logan ready to make his cast during the casting tournament.

The casting tournament judges confer on a rule.

Matt Wickham and Randy Anderson cast during the casting tournament while judge Bill Stuever records their scores.

Reels displayed at the Karl White Museum.

Paul Manuel and Betty and Don in the Karl White Museum.

A serious discussion over snacks at the Wine and Reel session at the Karl White Museum.

Click on image to enlarge

Colby
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Wine and Reels was well attended and the patio location was perfect. There were some pretty great reels presented and the wine wasn't bad either.

PS Higher resolution pics will be made available for folks that want copies.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006