Butch and Patty Carey are OK.......

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Butch and Patty Carey are OK.......

Post by reeltackle »

I just spoke with Butch Carey tonight and he and his wife Patty are fine. They finally got their cell service back tonight. Butch told me that his house survived the storm with no damage to the outside or the contents inside. As many of you know Butch works for the power company in the Keys and since the storm he has been putting in 12 hour days, he is exhausted, but wanted me to post on th ORCA board to thank everyone for their concern. Key West took a pretty hard hit but most of the major damage occurred about 20 to 50 miles up the keys between Sugarloaf Key and Marathon.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Reeltyme

Re: Butch and Patty Carey are OK.......

Post by Reeltyme »

Thank you ever so much.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Thanks, had been wondering about them!
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

That's welcome news, Ed. I was worried about them, seeing as how the Keys got hit so hard. How are you doing down there?
Richard
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

All is good here Richard. I also spoke with Bill Graves in Key Largo and he is fine as well. There was one other reel collector named Brian Barnes down on Ramrod Key that I have not heard from. Ramrod was hit very hard so according to Butch, Brian may not have power for months.
Ed Pritchard
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Thanks for the update Ed, I too was thinking about them. How 'bout Bill Kennedy? Last I spoke he was staying put to ride out the storm. And what of the Bass Pro shop in Islamorada? Some heavy reels housed there...
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Bill lives full time here in Jupiter now. I spoke with him last night and he and his wife Linda are fine, we are planning on going out for dinner tonight.
Ed Pritchard
Honorary Life Member

Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Happy all are well!!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Ditto! Thanks much for the report, Ed! Still wondering about Carolyn Corwin and her massive menagerie!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Sharkpro789
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Sharkpro789 »

Glad to hear there safe!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I understand that Carolyn also survived with just limbs down...all great news! Wishing all you FL and TX ORCANs the best!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Thank you very much for the info. Glad to know Butch and all the other Keys people came through this. I know it had to be a rough one.

I have a friend in Rockport, Texas. He finally got back to me to let me know he and his family survived. Spoke to him the day before, he told he was going to ride it out. I suspect he was not happy he did. Lost many boats, his barn, one car and the roof on his house. It wound up being a horror story of a night for him. Definitely one to remember.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
butch carey key west
Advanced Board Poster

Post by butch carey key west »

Thank you for all your thoughts and concerns. Patti and I are doing pretty good and consider ourselves very lucky. Key West was spared from the most damaging winds. Lots of tree damage. I can now see a lot of houses that were hidden with trees. This storm will be remembered for a long time. Especially for the people in the lower and middle keys who lost everything.
Thank you Butch