Open letter to Richard Lodge and Bob Jones

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Open letter to Richard Lodge and Bob Jones

Post by RAM »

Richard: Another great Reel News! Interesting side note. My copy seemed very thick. Hmmm. Lots of great stuff here I figured. Where I started to thumb through it what should happen but Bob Jones' ( of Murfreesboro TN ) copy fell out of mine! How could that have stayed in there unsecured from MA? Both copies in good shape!
I'll forward (hope it makes it) Bob's copy to him, but if it doesn't make it maybe you can send another to him.

Really great stuff in there.

PS: Jim, I say Lee gave the reel to Grant!

Bad Bob
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Open letter to Richard Lodge and Bob Jones

Post by Roger Schulz »

Let me know if Bob does not receive it. I got extra copies.

Roger Schulz
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

Dear Bad Bob: Clear evidence of another USPS conspiracy to undermine our mutual interest in spreading information and interesting articles about fishing reels of every shape, size, color and country of origin. Thank you for forwarding that oddly inserted extra copy of The Reel News on to your fellow Tennessean. Always a mystery what happens once I drop those carefully sorted and labeled bags of magazines off at the local postal distribution center.
Good to hear from you!
Richard
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

U.S. Postal System always keeps you guessing. Jim Schottenham sent me an ORCA patch from New York. First Class Postage took two weeks to make it to Indianapolis. Pony Express could have moved it faster. They should change the motto from "The Mail Must Go Through" to "Sooner Or Later, Maybe"!! (And that's if it doesn't get lost, stolen or mis-delivered!)
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Reminds me of one day when the postman flagged me down and asked me questions about his father's fishing tackle. He had noticed all the NFLCC and ORCA publications I got, and he wanted to get info on his collection.

I have to believe that the article in question was valuable to the postal worker in question, and it went to a good home.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

An excellent issue of Reel News! Proud to be a reel collector with this quality publication.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990