Schertz, Texas estate auction

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Schertz, Texas estate auction

Post by Ron Mc »

I won't be able to attend this for a very import tournament my daughter should win, and is facing one of the two girls in Texas who may be able to beat her.

OK, the point - Vogt, a local auction house attended by all the antique dealers in the state, is auctioning a huge estate this weekend, beginning Friday.
http://www.vogtauction.com/

It includes this table of reels - I noticed a Fortesque that looks like good bronzing, and a few Pflueger salt reels.

Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Schertz, Texas estate auction

Post by Brian F. »

Thanks for the heads up, Ron, and good luck to your daughter!
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

thanks Brian - we're having a lot of fun
Kevin McJunkin
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Kevin McJunkin »

Yes, Ron, good luck to your daughter!

I remember going to an auction in Southern New York many years ago. There were 4 or 5 big tables full of reels like the one pictured. There were a couple of good reels that I wanted on each table. The auctioneer ran "choice" several times on each table, a good strategy for him, as it turned out. You didn't want to bid too much, hoping that the next time around the winning bid would be lower, but it was nerve wracking to watch someone else pick through the reels. Managed to pick up a few nice reels, including an early Hardy Featherweight fly reel made for Abercrombie and Fitch.