Interesting rod/reel combo

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Low Profile
Frequent Board Poster

Interesting rod/reel combo

Post by Low Profile »

Hi All,

Anyone know who made this? picked up along with a true temper rod/reel combo. Handle looks of Shakespeare lineage to me. Bearing caps look similar to those that were on the true temper. Reel is very well made and smooth with an almost tournament caster feel and look to it. No maker marks or numbering inside or out.

tx,

Low profile
Hoosier Dave
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Interesting rod/reel combo

Post by Hoosier Dave »

It looks like a toolmaker made it to me. I can not tell from the pics but everything I can see looks fairly easy to make with a little skill in the machine shop. Also the screws holding on the side plates seem to be countersunk to different depths, just can not tell without it being in hand. This is just my opinion.
I am looking for any Indiana style reels that I don't already have in my collection. I have all kinds of reels and lures and some cash to trade for the ones I need.
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Kind of like a mini Cradle reel !! I like it neat little combo ! John Taylor
Low Profile
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Low Profile »

Here she is taken down. Yes, sure looks the part of a mini cradle reel. If anyone can see something that points in the direction of the manufacturer/maker that would be great. I can also take more pics if there is interest in seeing better detail.

tx, Lowprofile