Librarian question - Heddon Imperial 125C

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Librarian question - Heddon Imperial 125C

Post by sdlehr »

Hi folks. I've received an email from a gent who has taken apart his 1928-29 Heddon Imperial 125C, and from his description, it sounds like when he took the cover off that hides the latch mechanism, the spring went flying, and now he doesn't know how it was oriented to put it back together (who doesn't know what this feels like?). Anyone have a photo or schematic, or a verbal description if that isn't available, that I can share with him?

Thanks.
Sid Lehr
Low Profile
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Librarian question - Heddon Imperial 125C

Post by Low Profile »

OK, I just serviced a 125C (with circular metal line guide) and also had a bear of a time with getting the spool latch/spring/cover back on. Don't have pics right now but here is what I recall. The 125C has a slightly different latch mechanism than the later 125. The latch and spring really can only be installed in one way (up or down) that makes sense. The issue ended up being the orientation of the whole mess. Try installing the latch release lever and spring and then install the cover so the "Heddon" writing on the cover is closest to the handle knob. If that doesn't work re-position the latch release lever and spring 180 degrees and install the cover so that the "Imperial" writing is closest to the handle knob. That did the trick for me. I figured there must be a unique way they intended the cover installed. The one thing I have to say is if you have the latch lever, spring, cover and screws you have it all and nothing is missing.

Low Profile
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Librarian question - Heddon Imperial 125C

Post by sdlehr »

Thanks very much. I've forwarded your response on and invited him to join the conversation here.
Sid Lehr