O.R.C.A. & N.F.L.C.C.

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
OCauto
Super Board Poster

O.R.C.A. & N.F.L.C.C.

Post by OCauto »

Are there still talks about the two organizations having combined shows?
Al Stover
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Re: O.R.C.A. & N.F.L.C.C.

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

I am hosting the 3rd FATC show here in Punta Gorda, Fl June 8-9, and if your a member in good standing of any of the 4 clubs, FATC, ORCA, NFLCC, CATC, your welcome to join in the fun. Check Joe's Message Board, upcoming shows for more info.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

The 2018 ORCA Convention registration form on this page spells out ORCA’s offer to members of other tackle clubs.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Post by OCauto »

That is not what I asked Paul. There are always members of other organizations at the NW NFLCC shows, invited or not. I believe that Betty or Dave had mentioned ORCA & NFLCC having organized shows together. When did ORCA last have a show in the NW?
Al Stover
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

OCauto wrote:....When did ORCA last have a show in the NW?
2004 Fife, WA.http://www.orcaonline.org/conventions/
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

Everyone this is a small regional show that takes place in SW Florida, and in 2014 I ask if I could invite the other clubs to join us here in Florida, and was given to permission to do so. Most of us belong to multi clubs and I just thought it be that much more fun getting together as a group. I didn't mean to stir up the hornets nest. The same invite has been offered in 2014,2016 and again for 2018. Its a great little show and we all collect vintage fishing gear. We have a great site and meeting place, so if your inclined please think about joining us. Your Welcome to do so.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

OCauto wrote:Are there still talks about the two organizations having combined shows?
YOU'RE IN LUCK!!

The Florida Antique Tackle Collectors (FATC) invites and hosts all ORCA members at our Daytona International Tackle Extravaganza every year. This year the show is being held March 2, 3 and 4 right on the beach in Daytona Beach Florida. The show is the second largest show in the country and usually has between 350 and 400 tables. The FATC reserves a whole section of the main ballroom for ORCA members and all reel collectors who wish to purchase tables. There are more reel tables at this show than there at the average size ORCA convention.

ORCA members from around the country have been coming to this show for years, heck, I know of 4 ORCA members coming from California this year and one that is coming all the way from Alaska! The FATC gives out a special award for the best reel display and has always encouraged collectors from other clubs to attend this, and all of our shows. There is a full page ad in the latest ORCA newsletter inviting ORCA members to join the party.

For more information visit the FATC web site, there is still time to make your plans for this years show!!

http://www.fatc.net/Shows.htm

Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.