New Kovalovsky Website

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

New Kovalovsky Website

Post by Deepfins791 »

Reel Collectors,

I recently put together a website to showcase Kovalovsky reels: https://kovalovskyreels.com/
I thought it would be a fun project to collect as many pictures of different Kovalovsky reels as possible and share them on the internet. If you have a nice Kov', and would like to contribute a picture, PM me or contact me through the website. I can include a credit for the photo, or you can choose to remain anonymous.

Thanks!
John
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: New Kovalovsky Website

Post by wrong99 »

What a wonderful site, John. Beautiful! I would hope a link to your site would be added to ORCA's list of other member's reel websites.
Mark
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Great site John, really enjoyable.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Jay White
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jay White »

Very Nice John! I will try to send you a few shots when I get a chance. Some great reels!!
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Thank you for your hard work. This is a site of pure enjoyment! To have an opportunity to scroll through all these works of art,, thank you.
Randy McConnell,
Reeltyme
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Thanks everyone for the kind words! As I traveled around the country visiting with other collectors, it struck me how many fine reels were hidden away and not readily available for the public to enjoy. And very few collectors have their own website. That gave me the idea of starting a website that anyone could post their reel pictures on. I chose to focus on Kovalovsky reels, as they are a favorite of mine. But the same could be done with other makes/models of reels.

Jay, I would love to include some pictures of your reels on my website. They are some of the finest I've had the pleasure of seeing. Let's talk!

Cheers,
John
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

I was visiting with Steve Morse over the weekend, and he let me photograph his collection of Kovalovsky reels. For those of you who do not know Steve, he has one of the nicest collections of Kovalovsky reels and other assorted tackle you will find anywhere. I just finished adding the photos of his reels to my website. I'm still getting some information from him to complete the descriptions, but the reels are all up. Check them out: http://www.kovalovskyreels.com/

If anyone else would like to contribute, please PM me or contact me through the website.

Cheers,
John
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

wrong99 wrote:What a wonderful site, John. Beautiful! I would hope a link to your site would be added to ORCA's list of other member's reel websites.
Mark
It has just been added
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

WOW, one of my favorite reel makers!
Nice site John!
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

Wow! Excellent website and great photos of some beautiful reels, John. You OK if I use that main photo in The Reel News and tease your site? I think a lot of members who don't come to ReelTalk would enjoy seeing it. And you might round up a few more Kov photos.
Thanks!
Richard
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

That would be great, Richard. I'll email you the photo, and if you need any other information, let me know. The photo was one that Larry Lauve had taken when he was working with Bob Douglas on the book about Oscar Kovalovsky. He would be thrilled to see the photo in the Reel News!

Cheers,
John
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

For the those of you who haven't visited this website lately, I just added some nice reels/odds and ends from various collections, including a very rare rifle built by Arthur Kovalovsky, a 16/0 Micarta Type I knock off a couple of gents made, a reel believed to be the smallest kovalovsky made, and a very nice Kovalovsky reel case. Thanks to all who have donated photos! I almost have 100 reels represented, so keep them coming!! http://www.kovalovskyreels.com/

Cheers,
John
butch carey key west
Advanced Board Poster

Re: New Kovalovsky Website,

Post by butch carey key west »

Great site John very impressive!