Shakespeare Criterion 1960 LW Reels - Info desired

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Carl Corey
Frequent Board Poster

Shakespeare Criterion 1960 LW Reels - Info desired

Post by Carl Corey »

I have been researching and working on the Shakespeare Criterion (Style 1960) levelwinds for some years now, and hope to get something down on paper and finished! that might be useful to others. I picked the Criterion's for a couple of reasons; 1) at times, they are/were pretty cheap to get off of the -bay; 2) I didn't want to pick a line/style that I had little chance to get some of the earlier and special versions of a particular line (gold plated Marhoff's come to mind); and 3) they were often cheaper and might fit better within my budget (my wife still can't believe that I even tried that one).

So, to get this finished up, I have a few requests from Shakespeare experts, collectors, or just all around knowledgeable folks on this board:

1. I need a copy of the Criterion 1960 (and 1961, if there) sections from the 1935 catalog. The ORCA copy of the 1935 catalog inadvertently lost every other page when it got scanned.

2. If anyone has a copy of the Shakespeare 1922, 1925, 1928 through 1930, 1933 and the 1937 catalogs, I would like the same thing - just a copy of the Criterion 1960 and/or 1961 section that is readable is sufficient.

3. If anyone has an example or pics of a Criterion 1960 Model HF Left Hand that I could get my hands on - please let me know.

4. If anyone has an example or pics of a Criterion 1960 that has a later letter code than the GE (1946), please let me know.

More on Criterions to come later, but I'm at a point where I need some help. Thanks in advance, Carl.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare Criterion 1960 LW Reels - Info desired

Post by wrong99 »

Carl,
I can help you with scans from the 1930, 1935 and 1937 catalogs. PM me with your current email address. Glad to see you're still on this.
Mark
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Mark, if you don't mind, can you CC me on that email so I may improve our library's holdings? The club would be grateful. I'll PM you my email address.
Thanks.
Sid Lehr
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Sid,
I have dozens of catalogs that the Library needs. I'll send you a list of those that I have that's needed and we'll go from there. Hopefully, later today.
Mark
Carl Corey
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Carl Corey »

Sid - I don't have dozens like Mark does, but I do have a 1936 that I've been meaning to get to the Library as well as a 1934 minus the first and last few pages (nothing affecting the reels) that might make better scans than the one there currently.

Carl
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Mark, Carl, whatever you've got that the library does not, it's on my list to acquire.... you (and anyone else that has catologs that either are (1) not yet in the library or (2) better quality than what we've already got) - can reach me by PM here or at s(dot)d(dot)lehr(at)comcast(dot)net.

Thanks, may I remind everyone that in (hopefully) just a few short months the entire library will be available at no additional charge to every ORCA member! The work to get there is being done as we speak and has been for a few months. It's a big project.
Sid Lehr