Bags & Mags: The March Reel News

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Bags & Mags: The March Reel News

Post by Richard Lodge »

Even with a nor'easter bearing down on us, I managed to bag up the March Reel News - a whopping 68 pages, including the 2018 member roster/directory - and drop it off at the postal distribution center (otherwise known as the one-story building full of surly people in the industrial park) this morning. I was pretty happy with this issue, which includes some excellent articles - not to mention every last one of your names (if you paid your dues on time). If I had known about this West Virginia passport thing (see Mike Nogay's post elsewhere on the board) I would have included an application. :wink:
Here's what the doorway into the livingroom looked like last night. My wife always makes cracks about the cluster of short Klansmen in our house when I'm getting ready to ship the magazine, or something about how we need to put these out on the lawn on Halloween night.

Sixty-eight pages is one heavy magazine. All across America postal workers will be cursing me next week.

joe klaus
Super Board Poster

Re: Bags & Mags: The March Reel News

Post by joe klaus »

Great job Richard!. We appreciate you.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Nice job, Richard. Thanks from all of us.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Thanks to you Richard and all of this issue’s contributors! I always look forward to reading The Reel News.

To all the folks here on Reel Talk: The bi-monthly Reel News, access to the ORCA digitized library and the privilege of being able to participate in the ORCA annual convention are key benefits of paid ORCA membership. ORCA membership and the Reel News subscription do not come with registration to Reel Talk. You have to join the club and pay the nominal dues to enjoy those privileges.

The quality and information of the ORCA Reel News is one thing that sets this club apart from other collector clubs. I have been told many times by our members that ours is the best publication! Don’t miss a single issue! Renew or join today!
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Thanks, Richard. But next week? How about for the next month? My issue often doesn't arrive until the first week of the month following the month they were mailed. It's always well worth the wait, I'm sure this issue will be no exception...
Sid Lehr
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

+1!, hope you didn’t freeze last night, Richard! Looked pretty ugly back there, especially without electricity!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures