Facebook reels

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Facebook reels

Post by Paul M »

In response to a post on the ORCA Facebook page this weekend, a fellow posted a picture of his brass Meek & Milam No 3 with numbered screw(s?). I suggested he join us. I’ll send him a link to this post.

Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Facebook reels

Post by sdlehr »

Betty and Don's book on Kentucky reels shows a few with numbered screws.
Sid Lehr
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Thats a tough reel that can make a great centerpiece for a budding KY reel collection! Nice! Betty would be all over hat one! (... and so would i :D )
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

That's a nice reel. From the angle of the photo, it looks like it has an early Shakespeare knob.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

I don’t know if you can see the related discussion on the Facebook page. Sounds like the fellow might sell for the right price. I suggested he join ORCA and think about doing a trade for something he might prefer. He missed a chance years ago to cash in when he got a decent offer from someone that wanted to buy the reel.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006