Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:40 pm 
Ultra Board Poster
I would normally link this on the eBay thread but it was so unusual I thought it worthy of reel talk discussion. The label looks legit to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Horton ... Sw-WFaoXsA

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:16 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Big ORCA Fan
The seller is a well known ORCA member who specializes in Kentucky reels. I am sure the box is legit and he will probably weigh in on this conversation.

In answer to your question, no, I have never seen one except for the one on this listing.

Bill

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:22 pm 
Ultra Board Poster
KeysReels wrote:The seller is a well known ORCA member who specializes in Kentucky reels. I am sure the box is legit and he will probably weigh in on this conversation.

In answer to your question, no, I have never seen one except for the one on this listing.

Bill

I know the item is legit and the seller is an expert in the field. The question is why don’t we see more of these wooden boxes given the ten thousand plus Horton reels that were sold?

Mike N

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:55 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Robyn Summerlin and I have had this same discussion about wooden boxes for the Shakespeare reels. No mention of a wooden box in any of the literature that we can find. Yet we know we have wooden boxes for the model B and several others that Ive forgotten as of this moment. Probably style a also. But those boxes are rare rare rare and very few of them have been seen. Or so that is my impression. I know that Robyn has two or three at least. Randy Grigoletti has some also. And Dave gaustad used to have some before he sold them