Has anyone seen a Horton reel shipping box like this?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Has anyone seen a Horton reel shipping box like this?

Post by Mike N »

I would normally link this on the eBay thread but it was so unusual I thought it worthy of reel talk discussion. The label looks legit to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Horton ... Sw-WFaoXsA
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
KeysReels
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Has anyone seen a Horton reel shipping box like this?

Post by KeysReels »

The seller is a well known ORCA member who specializes in Kentucky reels. I am sure the box is legit and he will probably weigh in on this conversation.

In answer to your question, no, I have never seen one except for the one on this listing.

Bill
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

KeysReels wrote:The seller is a well known ORCA member who specializes in Kentucky reels. I am sure the box is legit and he will probably weigh in on this conversation.

In answer to your question, no, I have never seen one except for the one on this listing.

Bill

I know the item is legit and the seller is an expert in the field. The question is why don’t we see more of these wooden boxes given the ten thousand plus Horton reels that were sold?

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
joe klaus
Super Board Poster

Post by joe klaus »

Robyn Summerlin and I have had this same discussion about wooden boxes for the Shakespeare reels. No mention of a wooden box in any of the literature that we can find. Yet we know we have wooden boxes for the model B and several others that Ive forgotten as of this moment. Probably style a also. But those boxes are rare rare rare and very few of them have been seen. Or so that is my impression. I know that Robyn has two or three at least. Randy Grigoletti has some also. And Dave gaustad used to have some before he sold them