ORCA has the Hurd "Super-caster" manual in it's library!!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
1laketrout
Frequent Board Poster

ORCA has the Hurd "Super-caster" manual in it's library!!

Post by 1laketrout »

Found a reference to a manual that came with the "Casters" and couldn't find anyone or anyplace with one. Like most manuals, it "opens the door" to the product--it's use and care. Another search had led me to ORCA--having to join to have access to the library bothered me, but, when you are "on the trail" of something needed, you wave certain things. After all was done, Sid sent me "what he had"--guess what? What he had were copies of the long-sought manual! Just opened the envelope and I am more than pleased!! It answers all the questions and gives "light" to my 70-some-year old Hurd. If you don't have it--get it--it is great! Gary
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: ORCA has the Hurd "Super-caster" manual in it's library!!

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Hopefully, you have now, first hand, witnessed only one of the advantages being an ORCA member. The membership fee is minuscule compared to the accessible information and knowledge available. If you are interested in, or collect, old reels there is no downside to being a paid member, only benefits.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
1laketrout
Frequent Board Poster

Post by 1laketrout »

Thanks--have met some good people and gotten some great info already! Appreciate the welcome! Gary
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Glad you found what you were looking for, Gary. We aim to please.
Sid Lehr
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Great news! Thanks for joining ORCA. Now think about coming to our Annual Convention in Harpers Ferry this June and meet some of our members face to face. Socializing over reels is a good way to meet other collectors with similar interests.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
1laketrout
Frequent Board Poster

Post by 1laketrout »

Can't make the convention, but I've enjoyed the members that I've met by computer. All have been very helpful! Gary