THE Lockport NY Icebreaker Tackle Show!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
JoeW
Advanced Board Poster

THE Lockport NY Icebreaker Tackle Show!

Post by JoeW »

I posted this once at Joe’s, but if you missed it, I hope this gets you a bit into the “spirit” of the Lockport Show. It was this past Sat, Mar 24th. Didn’t want to steal Paul’s thread so posting pics and info it here. Enjoy:

Another Lockport Show come and gone! As usual, a good time was had by all- in 29 years I’ve never heard anyone complaining... Well, except for why Dan doesn’t have a Summer/Fall show also (plans may be in the works!)! Good to see a couple guys that missed the show last year! Highlights- some very high end lures/reels available! Great stuff walked in the door- A nice boxful with a top shelf Heddon MIB! Another box with a couple of tough color CCBC #2600’s! Not sure if Paul saw them, but also walking in the door were a couple all brass Trout/Salmon reels, and four BIG English brass & wood Salmon reels in near mint condition- geez, they reeked of 1850-60’s! The two smaller brass reels were purchased, but those four BIG Salmon reels went back out the door. And of course MY “box”- one collector jumped back and shrieked when he opened it!

Pics: Hi Mark! He walked around the whole show wondering where he had put his green name tag! LOL- I’m sure he’ll get even with me.

Lunchtime- I think someone ate a few bites of the Pizza then slouched down onto the floor!

Oh yea- there were reels! Met a couple of ORCA guys hanging around this table all day! Nice people. These reels belonged to John Rutledge- I’m not sure of his current contact info.

And my haul! Good, bad, and ugly- all sorts of tuff. Don't forget- I DO collect lures, too! And I got it ALL for less than the cost of a night’s stay at a hotel!

Weather was just great, potholes were fixed, bridge is still standing, and the pizza was... Ok. Thanks Dan & Fran and your whole entourage. See you next year, if not sooner? Good meeting you too, Paul, and thanks for the little "Kentucky reel" chat. Best---- Joe Walkowski (WNYTC, ORCA)
Joseph's Lures & Fishing Tackle Collectibles
https://www.etsy.com/shop/JosephsLures?view_type=list
Stop in for a look around! Best--- Joe ("Joseph") Walkowski (ORCA)
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: THE Lockport NY Icebreaker Tackle Show!

Post by Mike N »

Thanks, Joe. Looks like it was a great meet.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990