NE Fishing Icon Frank Woolner's Rogue Reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Z3BigDaddy
Frequent Board Poster

NE Fishing Icon Frank Woolner's Rogue Reel

Post by Z3BigDaddy »

One of the fun things about collecting the Rogue Reels is the about half of them are personalized to the buyer. This makes it a bit more exciting since there were basically only 4 models and acquiring a complete set is pretty easy to do. So finding reels with provenance are great adds to the collection.......

Modest collection of Rogue Reels.

Modified Model 200/M-200 Rogue Reel from the estate of Frank Woolner.

WANTED!

WTB
These Reels! Finder Fee Paid.
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Re: NE Fishing Icon Frank Woolner's Rogue Reel

Post by colby sorrells »

I have a Woolner book you don't show. Tackle Talk Henry Lyman and Frank Woolner. Published 1971. First edition with damaged dust cover. Yours for $7 to cover postage if you want it. You can pm me. Colby
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Re: NE Fishing Icon Frank Woolner's Rogue Reel

Post by 54bullseye »

I used to watch the Woolner Brothers on TV as a kid. I live in central Mass and my grandmother brought me to a sportsman show when I was maybe 10 years old in Worcester Mass and I met Frank Woolner ! They did a lot of Striper fishing on Cape Cod. There family owned a sporting good shop in Shrewsbury Mass about 15 miles from me. Below are some old pics. First is Frank and Jack Woolner.

[quote

Next is the sporting good store

[/quote]Then the group on the beach Frank Woolner , Hal Lyman and others. Notice the big rods and Penn Squidders !!

Then Last Frank Woolner and Curt Gowdy

On Saturday afternoons though it was Gad about Gadis !!!!!! John Taylor
ps wish I still had some of the lure kits I bought from him mail order !! Lol !!!