pflueger summit #500 reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
jim noether
Big ORCA Fan

pflueger summit #500 reel

Post by jim noether »

i have a pflueger summit #500 tear drop reel in the factory box and have been looking for another one for more than a year on EBAY but have yet to see another one. mine is RED and am looking for a plain one with out a color. is this reel rare, and if so what would it be worth? any info? JIM
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Re: pflueger summit #500 reel

Post by Robin Sayler »

Jim, this reel is a little scarce but I wouldn't call it rare. I believe i have only seen them in red.
I would like any unusual pflueger casting reels!
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Muth »

I sold one of these on eBay in the last year or two. It was also red. I think I got around $35 or $40 for it.
Wanted: Horton, Bristol & Meek reels, reel boxes, and catalogs!!!!
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Sonnett »

This reel was made by Shakespeare after their purchase of Pflueger. They simply used the names "Pflueger" and "Summit" and put them on one of their own typical designs of the day. I sold the last one I had at a show for $25 but it had no box.
I love to get old reels, work on them until they run as smooth as silk and the take them fishing using pre-1960 plugs, mostly surface fishing for Largemouths after dark.
jim noether
Big ORCA Fan

Post by jim noether »

thanks for the info..JIM