Percy Tackle Co. info

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Jcrouse
Big ORCA Fan

Percy Tackle Co. info

Post by Jcrouse »

Hi All,

This is a bit off topic from reels, so if this isn't allowed, administrators please let me know where best to post. I'm looking to see if anyone has any catalogs or sales literature from the Percy Tackle Co. of Portland ME. I'm looking to buy catalogs and sales literature, or if you had anything and would be willing to photocopy instead of sell, I'd be interested in that as well. Any information you might have on this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if this is too off topic, or you might have a suggestion of another message board I could try.

Sincerely,
Justin
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Percy Tackle Co. info

Post by sdlehr »

There is nothing in the ORCA library regarding Percy Tackle Co. If you find anything, please share it with me.
Sid Lehr
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
JeffK
Advanced Board Poster

Post by JeffK »

I've only seen two, one from the early Thirties and one from the Forties. Percy sold, in addition to flies, Rangeley spinners and trolling rigs. The staff was largely composed of women tying flies. They sold no other tackle, such as rods or reels. The catalogs are uncommon, the early one being rare.
Try asking at Joe's Old Lures.
Jcrouse
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Jcrouse »

Guys, thanks for the help and suggestions. If I find anything, I’ll surely share it.
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Jcrouse wrote:Guys, thanks for the help and suggestions. If I find anything, I’ll surely share it.
Thanks!
Sid Lehr