Thank You ORCA!!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Rick H
Ultra Board Poster

Thank You ORCA!!

Post by Rick H »

Folks,
I've been kinda in the background for awhile now, but that doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention. Two things have crossed my mind lately and I just felt the need to share.

1) After many many years of talking about it ORCA managed to pull together and publish the "Cleaning, Restoring and Repairing Antique Fishing Reels" book. There we're so many discussions, arguements, debates, analysis and frustrations on content over the years, that it almost went by the wayside. Fact is, maybe it did a few times. BUT...YOU dedicated and honorable people DID IT. And it's a GREAT tool for any collector or hobbyist. My Compliments to all involved!!!

2) I have to hand over a bit of credit to the late Robt. Ellis on this one and also to Phil White. Those two guys found a way to kick ORCA's butt and motivate some great people. Robert created the Bronson Reel and Ocean City Reel Sites and Phil put YEARS into the Research Site. They both handed those over to ORCA in their own respective ways, after ALL of the work they had done. That's a huge vote of confidence in ORCA, if you think about it.

ORCA has now turned all three sites into "Fantastic" tools for all collectors and hobbyists. All three sites look "Phenomenal" and are extremely user friendly. There were a handful of people that did the actual work, but there were also a few in the background pushing the end goal. THAT GOAL has been acheived!! They are wonderful sites for current and future generations and...ALL OF ORCA should be VERY PROUD!! YEA TEAM!!

My personal Thanks to you all. :bow:

Rick H.
Rick Heitman
- Bad Casts, backlash, no bites? Check the Nut holding the rod !! -
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Thank You ORCA!!

Post by Paul M »

Rick:

Thanks for staying involved and for all your comments.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006