CopTes - Alcedo - Zangi

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

CopTes - Alcedo - Zangi

Post by Paul M »

Hello Paul,
I send you two links just published on the ANTIPES.it website

http://www.antipes.it/pag_COPTES_GCoppo ... vista.html

http://www.antipes.it/pag_COPTES_SBaraldi_libro_EN.html

The first article deals with an interview with the CopTes owner and founder, Giovanni Coppola, who produced the last ORVIS spinning reels but also for Ted Williams (1972 to 1982).

The second article is the translation in English of the page dedicated to "CopTes" and present in the second book by Silvano Baraldi.

I hope it will be interesting for ORCA members.

Best wishes from Italy.
Sergio Di Marco
ANTIPES secretary.

===========

Subject: CopTes - Alcedo - Zangi
Date: April 12, 2018 at 6:21:02 AM EDT

Ciao Paul,
ti invio due link appena pubblicati sul sito web ANTIPES.it

http://www.antipes.it/pag_COPTES_GCoppo ... vista.html

http://www.antipes.it/pag_COPTES_SBaraldi_libro_EN.html

Il primo articolo tratta una intervista eseguita al proprietario e fondatore della CopTes, Giovanni Coppola, che ha prodotto gli ultimi mulinelli ORVIS da Spinning ma anche per Ted Williams (dal 1972 al 1982 ).

Il secondo articolo è la traduzione in lingua inglese della pagina dedicata alla "CopTes" e presente nel II° libro di Silvano Baraldi.

Spero possa essere interessante per gli associati ad ORCA.

Un caro saluto dall'Italia.
Sergio Di Marco
segretario ANTIPES.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: CopTes - Alcedo - Zangi

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Thanks for sharing, Sergio & Paul!

I enjoy reading about some of the history of Italian made spinning reels.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Low Profile
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Low Profile »

Enjoyed reading both articles very much. I am an avid collector of spinning reels - particularly the ultralight sizes. I realized very quickly that the engineering and workmanship in many of them is just top notch and could not be duplicated in today's market without charging an arm and a leg. Alcedo produced some of the most advanced spin reels of the time and have stood the test of time. Anyone who has ever serviced one of these can certainly agree. I spent an entire season fishing an Alcedo Micron exclusively for trout and had a blast. Yes, it had it's short commings but they were minor compared the the nonsense you have to deal with with some of the modern gear. I had to tweek a few things with the drag but the reel was a trooper and I didn't feel handicapped at all. Some shy away from vintage spin reels but there were quite a few that were great performers. My personal favorites are the Alcedo micron, Cargem mignon 33, Shakespeare 2052, Mitchell 308/408, Quick 1000/1001, Quick 110, Penn 716. If I could mesh the best attributes of each of these into 1 reel that would result in the perfect spin reel. Keep dreaming. I highly recommend anyone out there to give vintage spinning gear a try.

Low Profile
Chinook1
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Chinook1 »

Love those Italian spinning reels. Its great to get some history on these !!!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

:? Hello Paul...
I just heard friends Giovanni Coppola (83 years old / owner of CopTes) and Silvano Baraldi and both are very happy with what was done!

Silvano also authorized me to publish on ANTIPES a copy of his five books on the history of old Italian [spinning reels].
I have just started this long work that will allow all the fans who do not have books (because they are no longer available) to be able to read them and even print from the ANTIPES website.

This is the first link:

http://www.antipes.it/sfogliabile_libri ... index.html

Best wishes from Italy.

Sergio
ANTIPES

=====

Ciao Paul...
ho appena sentito gli amici Giovanni Coppola (83 anni / proprietario della CopTes)
e Silvano Baraldi ed entrambi sono molto contenti di quanto fatto !

Silvano mi ha anche autorizzato a pubblicare su ANTIPES copia dei suoi cinque libri sulla storia dei vecchi mulinelli italiani.
Ho appena cominciato questo lungo lavoro che permetterà a tutti gli appassionati che non hanno i libri (perchè non più disponibili)
di poterli leggere e anche stampare dal sito web ANTIPES.

Questo è il primo link:

http://www.antipes.it/sfogliabile_libri ... index.html

Un caro saluto dall'Italia.

Sergio
ANTIPES

Il 12/04/2018 20:29, Paul Manuel ha scritto:
viewtopic.php?t=21131

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2018, at 6:21 AM, Sergio Di Marco <sergiodimarco@igroup.it> wrote:

Ciao Paul,
ti invio due link appena pubblicati sul sito web ANTIPES.it

http://www.antipes.it/
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Chinook1
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Chinook1 »

Paul-

Question. The copy I have of the book is titled Alcedo e Cargem. The one you listed is only Alcedo. Can you or Silvano clarify the difference (if there are any)?
By the way, getting these re published is a godsend to the few of us that collect Italian spinning reels.

Thanks again for getting this out to all.

Steve
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Steve,

It appears to be a work in progress. From Sergio's comment I think there are still four more books to come, but it will take him awhile to get them all copied and posted.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Dear Paul,
I respond to the request of my friend Steve - on Orca online ...
the books by Silvano Baraldi that will be published on the Antipes.it website are the exact copy of those printed on paper in 2007 ...
since the old books of over 10 years contain some inaccuracies clarified with the passing of the years and published in the many technical sheets on the ANTIPES.IT website.
Furthermore, Silvano Baraldi told me that no further updates will be printed on paper, but only on the site through Antipes.it

Greetings
Sergio
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Chinook1
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Chinook1 »

Paul/Sergio/Tom-

My apologies, I have a different copy by Silvano Baraldi tilted "Alcedo e Cargem" (2007). I just wanted to understand the difference (other than the obvious Cargem reference) that this publication has versus the one I have.

Hope that makes sense.

Tried several times to put the .jpg of the cover, but my computer skills are lacking, obviously.

Thanks,

Steve
ANTIPES Italy reel
Frequent Board Poster

Post by ANTIPES Italy reel »

Hi Steve,
your book is the same one I published on the antipes.it website but without the "initial cover!
To facilitate visualization, the book has been divided into chapters: ALCEDO (2 parts); CARGEM.
As soon as possible we will be visible further chapters of the remaining four books of Silvano Baraldi.
In the attached picture you can see the "front cover of the book".

Best regards from Italy.

Sergio Di Marco
ANTIPES secretary.
Chinook1
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Chinook1 »

Sergio-

Many thanks!!! I appreciate the explanation.

Regards,

Steve