Illingworth Information Needed

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Illingworth Information Needed

Post by Jim Schottenham »

While updating some things on the Reel Research Site, I noticed there was no write-up for the work of A.H. Illingworth. I'm requesting some help in penning a paragraph or two to add to the site - I'll take care of photos, but I think a spinning reel collector ought to pen a short summary for inclusion to our site. Please PM me, email or add here in a reply and I'll upload to the site.
And as always, if you see something that needs a write-up or revision, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Illingworth Information Needed

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Jim,

Ben's 2011 edition has a lot of information on Illingworth. I think, from a couple of our conversations, that he got some of that information from Understanding Threadlines by John Stephenson. I don't have the Threadline book so all I know about them is what Ben describes. I've never personally touched or seen an Illingworth, they're a little pricey for my pocket book.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Re: Illingworth Information Needed

Post by reeltackle »

Jim, I would contact John Stevenson and see if he can help you. He is one of the top experts on them and he is always willing to lend a hand.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.