Shakespeare/Marhoff Reel Boxes Progression - Thoughts?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Len Sawisch
Site Admin

Shakespeare/Marhoff Reel Boxes Progression - Thoughts?

Post by Len Sawisch »

As part of my effort to share what I think I have learned over the last couple decades about Marhoff reels, I have put together a draft paper on the progression of Shakespeare Marhoff reel boxes. I am sharing this draft with any interested folks in the ORCA community in hopes that others can add, correct, and/or corroborate the data.

Here is the link to the PDF document: http://www.sawisch.com/len/Marhoff%20Bo ... ession.pdf

Please keep this draft from the wider public until we can incorporate the feedback from y'all. I want to make sure when it is updated and ready to be more widely shared, we give credit to the collectors who contribute to the research.

Thanks! Len Sawisch
Len Sawisch
David Lehmann
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare/Marhoff Reel Boxes Progression - Thoughts?

Post by David Lehmann »

Len,
Great info! How does the Marhoff box progression differ from or is similar too other Shakespeare reel boxes. I look forward to seeing this in The Reel News!
Len Sawisch
Site Admin

Post by Len Sawisch »

Thanks David,

I couldn't say how this relates to other Shakespeare reel boxes 'cuz I couldn't find any references on-line other than bait boxes. I kinda hope this inspires other Shakespeare collectors to chime in. I would assume for the time periods I covered, the bulk of the other Shake reels would come in the same style boxes.

Len
Len Sawisch
Robyn Summerlin
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Robyn Summerlin »

I've been eagerly awaiting this, Len--thanks for the careful research!
ORCA Member
joe klaus
Super Board Poster

Post by joe klaus »

Thanks Len. Always appreciate your efforts.