Wanted OASAC NASAC records-information! -read

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

Wanted OASAC NASAC records-information! -read

Post by KevinVirden »

I'm looking for possibly photocopies or scans of Ohio Association of Scientific Angling Club records and National Association of Scientific Angling Club records. I believe they were in the same casting club bulletin from 1922-1940. I am not certain, but believe they NASAC started putting information in the magazine published by the Izaak Walton League of America called Outdoor America in the 1930s. Does anyone have any of these publications or magazines that they would be willing to copy or scan for me? I can reimburse you if you do not have a scanner and cannot e-mail them to me. Please put a response and I can write. The ORCA web forum administrator warned against putting direct contact information; however, I believe responses go directly to my e-mail. I have also posted on Joe's Message Board looking for help. I'm trying to get information for a casting club book focused on Ohio casting and angling clubs, but am doing some research and writing on casting clubs in general. Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin Virden
Akron, Ohio
NFLCC
Alan Baracco
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Wanted OASAC NASAC records-information! -read

Post by Alan Baracco »

Kevin,

WorldCat says there are copies of Outdoor America at the Cleveland Public Library. It won't let me search to see how extensive the collection is, but it might be worth a phone call.

Maybe they have the others as well.

Cheers,

Alan Baracco
KevinVirden
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Wanted OASAC NASAC records-information! -read

Post by KevinVirden »

Alan,

Thank you!

Kevin