Mitchell 5570 RD info/value?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Mitchell 5570 RD info/value?

Post by Paul M »

I am trying to find out the collectibility and value of a Mitchell 5570 RD. I believe this reel is from around 1986. I was unable to find any reference prices. I guess it might go for $100 but I wonder if anyone here has knowledge of this reel, its original retail price or an opinion on what it may be worth.

Thanks,
Paul

spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Mitchell 5570 RD info/value?

Post by spadej1 »

I don’t know a lot about these Mitchell’s, but from what I can gather they are not so popular for collecting. People may still fish them, but I don’t think many were made. Maybe a few hundred thousand max. I assume you saw that another model in that series, the 5540rd, sold recently on Ebay for about $20. Slightly used with no box. I may be way off on this though, so I won’t be offended if someone else has a different story!
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Thanks, James!
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

It is from the Mitchell Sports era, which was prior to Johnson (JWA) purchasing Mitchell Sports. In 2000 Pure Fishing purchased the Mitchell name from JWA. Many of the latter Mitchell Sports reels were assembled in Thailand with parts manufactured in France.

They're not highly collectible. My guess would be in the $50-$75 range as pictured, but I am by no means an authority on Mitchell values, especially the post Garcia reels.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Thanks Tom!
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006