Harnell rod question ?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Harnell rod question ?

Post by 54bullseye »

Hi John Taylor here and I am looking for any information or pictures of an original "not retied" Harnell Unlimited big game rod. I bought one that I think is probably retied and possibly has felt wrap added to front grip. There is thread damage so I am planning to redo the rod and would like to do it as close to original looking as possible !! From looking at the few Harnell catalogs I have I believe the rod is a # 585 Unlimited class but not 100% sure about that either. All the pictures in my catalogs are drawings not photos so hard to tell actual colors. I had never seen a Harnell rod with felt over cork grip but catalog says they made them.

Any one own an original that could send or post pictures of it for me ? Here are a few pics of mine and again not sure if it's correct or not !! It is a beast !!! Thanks ! John Taylor

PS I know this is Reel Talk not Rod Talk but didn't know where else to put it !! I also know it's not old enough for many of you !! Sorry Lol !!!!